How to Get Rid of Scalp Acne
Yous scalp has the equal chance of developing acnes as yous face and other body parts can. Acnes can be really annoying irrespective of the age and gender. They can affect anybody and hinder with their well-being. The scalp also releases oil, also known as sebum on its surface like the rest of the body parts. The bacteria present on the scalp blocks the pores present when it combines with sebum and dead skin. This results in the formation of acne.
There can be many other factors responsible for the outburst of acnes like menstruation period, or hormonal changes in adolescents, allergic reaction, unhealthy diet, humidity, poor hygiene, exposure to oils and chemicals, pollution, or other personal habits like scratching the head. Sometimes depression, fatigue, and stress can also result in the outburst of acne. It might not be visible to others due to the presence of hair but can lead to inconvenience and pain. Taking care of your hair might also seem difficult if you are having scalp acne. Even combing and brushing your hair would cause a lot of distress and pain.
Other symptoms associated with scalp acne can be itching and inflammation. It is necessary to treat scalp acne as if not treated properly it can cause another infection known as the folliculitis. To get rid of this annoying infection, proper hair care is extremely necessary.
Some of the ways that can be helpful in treating scalp acne are:
- Tea Tree Oil: It is one of the effective remedies used against scalp acne and other related scalp issues. It is a form of antiseptic that disinfects the pores by drying the acnes out. Bacteria that are responsible for causing other symptoms like itching and redness are also killed with the help of tea tree oil.
- Turmeric: This natural ingredient is also very useful in treating scalp acne. Turmeric contains curcumin which has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant like properties. It will also be useful in preventing scars caused by acne.
- Tomato Juice: Tomatoes contain salicylic acid which is useful for all types of acne. It helps in accelerating the process of drying the acne up. It also reduces the secretion of sebum which is the main cause of scalp acne and in turn maintains the correct pH level of the scalp.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is also an excellent ingredient to be used for curing scalp acne. Aloe Vera helps in killing the bacteria that are responsible for causing the acnes and in turn prevent the infection by reducing inflammation. There was even a study conducted in the year 2010 and published later by the Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research which found that Aloe Vera contains medicinal properties that are antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Indian Lilac: It is also called neem and is known for treating different types of acne. It helps in drying them out effectively and quickly.
With the help of these remedies, it is quite possible to heal your scalp acne effectively. Make use of these methods now.